Planning a family vacation that satisfies everyone is no small task, and many parents just assume it’s a pipe dream better left alone. After all, how are you supposed to find a destination that appeals as much to grownups as it does to your little ones, especially since their tastes and preferences so rarely overlap?
Long known as a popular honeymoon destination, these days find Niagara Falls full of families out to achieve the impossible: Experience an all-around great family vacation. With a plethora of options available to the vacationing family, it’s possible Niagara might become your family’s favorite vacation spot. From the beauty of the place to the learning opportunities and fun available, here are three reasons to load up your family and head to Niagara Falls.
1. It’ll Be Beautiful
The dramatic beauty of the Niagara Falls area isn’t just something adults can marvel over, it’s something people of all ages can readily and unabashedly enjoy. While the majesty of the three waterfalls will certainly be the most obviously dazzling sight in the region, there’s plenty more to see. Depending on the time of year you visit, you and your children can feast your eyes on an astonishing array of beautiful things, including:
- The landscape. From rustic vineyards to farms and pristine countryside, the land around Niagara is lovely any time to year.
- Dufferin Islands. This 10-acre park includes a handful of small islands joined by quaint bridges and footpaths.
- The Floral Clock. One of the largest floral clocks on the planet, its face is filled with an array of fresh flowers.
- The Winter Festival of Lights. Over 125-animated light displays and 3-million lights illuminate the Niagara Parks Winter Wonderland each winter.
2. It’ll Be Educational
Most parents would love to take a family vacation that sparked their children’s curiosity and helped them learn, and Niagara Falls is exactly that kind of place. Here are just some of the places where fun-filled education occurs:
- Bird Kingdom. In addition to housing the world’s largest free-flying aviary, Bird Kingdom also includes a 125-year old house from Java, an exhibit that includes over 15 nocturnal species of animal, a 40-foot waterfall, and more. It’s the perfect place to learn about birds and other fascinating creatures from around the world.
- Niagara Park’s Butterfly Conservatory. This lush and tropical conservatory includes over 2,000 butterflies representing over 45 species and includes a window where you and your kids can watch butterflies emerge from their cocoons for the first time.
- Marineland. Marineland of Canada will give you and your children an up-close experience with a wide variety of marine life and other animals, including dolphins, walruses, and Beluga whales. The 2015 season opens in mid-May.
3. It’ll Be Fun
Finally, you should bring your family to Niagara Falls, because sometimes you just need to partake in some pure, unadulterated fun. Whether you hole up among the 125,000 square feet that make up the Fallsview Indoor Waterpark (and yes, there is an adults-only section) or you engage in some friendly competition with one another at Wild Safari Mini Putt, there are scores of fun-filled attractions that will keep each one of you engaged and happy throughout your stay.
From wee ones to grandparents, few places offer such a wealth of family amusements as does Niagara Falls.